Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

At Your Service

Registration & Records Office
Bldg B, Room B105, ECC Campus
Tel: 847-214-7386
Fax: 847-214-7356
Hours: M-Th 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.

Evaluation of Credits

Students who have attended other institutions and who intend to earn a degree or certificate from ECC must:

  1. Have an official transcript from each institution on file in the ECC Records Office
  2. Declare a major at ECC
  3. Create an educational plan with the assistance of an ECC advisor. More»
  4. Download the request for evaluation form

Credit earned at other accredited institutions, including CLEP and proficiency credit, will be accepted by ECC if:

  • The courses apply to the ECC degree or certificate the student is earning
  • The courses appear on the student’s official transcript from another institution
  • The courses are designated as having been passed

During graduation evaluation, the cumulative grade point average for students earning the AA, AS, AFA, AES, and ALS degrees is determined by using all grades received from all courses numbered 100 and above taken at ECC and all grades A-D accepted from other colleges/universities.

For students earning the AAS degree and/or any of the occupational certificates, only the grades received in the courses which apply to the AAS degree/certificate are counted for purposes of determining cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.

CLEP, Advanced Placement and proficiency credit earned at ECC and elsewhere carry no grade value and do not affect a student’s cumulative grade point average. More»

Student Records Procedures

Looking for a specific student records procedure? View all»

Student Credit for Learning Experiences other than Formal Instruction 1.101

Students may have attained specific skills comparable to those being achieved through formal instruction provided by the college.  A student seeking proficiency credit must already be enrolled or have applied for admissions to the college. 

  1. Download the proficiency request form
    Form may be obtained in the counseling center or the instructional dean’s office.
  2. An advisor or instructor will assist the student to determine what courses are comparable.
  3. Completed forms; signed by the advisor, will be submitted to the instructional dean.
  4. If credit is approved the student will need to pay the fee as designated by the college and student will be registered.
Go to top